Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I want my tongue pierced? but....?

I remember very well what kind of pain there was when I got my tongue pierced. The worst part of it is when your tongue is clamped and held still outside of your mouth. I say that's the worst because it's persistent. When they push the needle through, there is a moment of such intense pain that it shocked my nervous system into becoming a drool factory (at first I thought it was blood because I couldn't see). I wasn't in major pain afterward, just a bit sore. You may or may not need ice. I will suggest for the first couple weeks that you eat very slowly because it does absolutely hurt if you accidentally chomp down on your new piercing (and you can break a tooth if you're not careful). And don't be afraid if your tongue swells to more than double in size. It's normal. The swelling should diminish within a week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment