Saturday, March 12, 2011

Will my pc be compatible with this video/graphics card? Help!?

Well that link leads to nothing, I think that AOpen has an internal search engine that cannot be accessed just by a link. In any event, if you only have a PCI slot available then the GeForce 6200 will not work because it requires an AGP slot. You're looking instead at either a GeForce FX 5200 or GeForce 8400 GS. In my opinion, you're throwing your money away on either of them because they're ancient technology but if you're too cheap to upgrade your motherboard/processor, what can you do? The fact is, no matter what you do, you'll be "upgrading" to something I upgraded from 3 years ago. I went from an XFX GeForce 6200 AGP to a Palit GeForce 8500 GT 1GB PCI-E. (I had an ASRock Dual-VSTA motherboard so I could run AGP or PCI-E) Now I have an ATi Radeon HD 4870 1GB. I'd recommend changing your motherboard and CPU with perhaps an onboard Radeon HD 3300 because that chipset outclasses the FX 5200, 6200 and 8400 GS cards and you can get it on a $70 motherboard. That motherboard is the ECS A780GM-A, you can put whatever AMD processor on it that you want because it's an AM2+ socket and it has a PCI-Express v2.0 slot on it so that it can handle the most up-to-date video cards for when you're ready to upgrqade from there. It also takes the dirt cheap DDR2 RAM. I'd say that's your best bet rather than throwing your money away.

No comments:

Post a Comment